To date, 2014 has been one of heads down and getting on with things at BG with a busy schedule of International and National events now upon us. Sail orders have kept us extremely busy and we continue to work hard to reduce lead times. Along with us we are fine tuning the listed items we supply in our online shop to best help us meet sail order demands as a priority.
On the event front, we have the
Marine Marblehead World Championship in the Netherlands from July 5-11 which
has had our full focus on racing this year. A quality fleet of 70+ boats are
expected with a group of 15 skippers from the UK making the trip for some world
class racing. This is a great effort for the UK as the class here continues its
growth through a dedicated team of owners and the
UK class website.
- The Britpop in its fourth year continues to lead the way in the IOM class as the all round design of choice, continuing to consistently gain podium finishes at the highest of levels.
- Our Grunge Marblehead design remains unbeaten in events since its launch in early 2012, recently winning its 3rd UK National title.
- Trance, our first attempt at the 10 Rater class in design built and prepared meticulously to our specifications by Scott Condie, has remained unbeaten in Australia since taking the National title in its first event sailed in January 2014. The design will continue to undergo an amount of exhaustive testing and refinement before any decision is made on whether it may be suitable for production.
- Due to our commitment to the above International classes, the Electronica RG65 design has had to bide its time until the upcoming prioritised events have passed. Mouldings of prototype hulls and components are completed and the only thing required are a few more hours in the day.
- Our sail shapes and designs continue to show their versatility in not only winning races at all levels on our own designs, but proving easily adaptable to a wide range of other designs allowing our customers a performance gain directly related to what we know to work best for any given class.
As with all of our products, be sure to look for our BG logo, or that what you are buying is a genuine BG designed product if you are serious about your sailing. We are often informed by friends around the world of a growing number of imitations of our work and ask that skippers beware of inferior products that are reflected by their often poor performances.
Results to date of skippers
using BG Sails and Designs
© BG Sails & Design 2014